Today, losing a tooth or indeed several doesn’t mean that you have to either live with the gap or wear dentures. Advancements within the field of dentistry are giving patients more choice. Dental implants offer a safe, permanent and aesthetically pleasing alternative to simply putting up with second best when it comes to one of your very best assets, your smile.
Dental implants at Creative Smiles are rapidly growing in popularity, and with good reason. They are strong and permanent replacements for missing teeth, and many of our patients are now choosing to have these instead of bridges or dentures.
Four out of five people in the UK are unhappy with the way they smile, and 20% of us are so unhappy that we hide our teeth when being photographed.
Once in position, an implant can hold a single replacement tooth, a bridge or a denture with several replacement teeth. The real benefit is that they are virtually indistinguishable from your own teeth, which means you can enjoy an attractive and natural looking smile once more.
What is a dental implant? Implants are essentially replacements for the natural roots of teeth which are used to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place. The benefit of using implants is that they don’t rely on neighbouring teeth for support, they are permanent and stable.
If you are missing one or more teeth and wish to eat your favourite foods, increase your chewing ability and improve your appearance, speech and self confidence then you could be a candidate for having dental implants placed here at Creative Smiles.
Implants are a fantastic solution to tooth loss because they look and feel like natural teeth and neither you nor anyone else should be aware of the implant.
Here are some of the reasons patients of Creative Smiles go for dental implants:
• They look natural – dental implants look and feel good and with modern technology, dentists can achieve results that look exactly like natural teeth.
• Comfort – a dental implant is such a good tooth replacement, that you don’t even remember it’s not real.
• Durability – dental implants offer a permanent solution to tooth loss. They bond to the jaw bone and become part of it, this connection is as strong as a natural tooth root. The completed dental implant is as strong and durable as a natural tooth.
• Improved oral health – since treatment with dental implants involves placing implants in areas where there are no teeth and does not affect your other healthy teeth, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Additionally, by placing implants in areas with no teeth, you stimulate the bone area again and prevent long term bone loss in that area. (When a tooth is lost, the bone is not stimulated and begins to shrink away).
• Improved hygiene – Individual implants allow easier access between teeth, enabling everyday normal dental care, and in that way improve oral hygiene.
So why not contact one of our Creative Smiles Team today to arrange an assessment ? Or alternativley if you would like to know more call and speak to our Patient Care Co-ordinator Leanne Hynes who would be delighted to help!